Please Read Before Continuing...

I am learning about fiber arts. I crochet, cross-stitch, bead, and have dabbled in embroidery and knitting. I do not claim to know much about any of these areas. I'd appreciate your input about your experiences with yarn, thread, other fiber or creative medium. There's so much out there for me to learn!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

HAVE YOU DONE YOUR CIVIC DUTY?

You!  Yes, you!  The person wondering whether I'm talking to you.  I AM!

Wait! Please!  This is a matter of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE!  
Voting!


You know, the process where you make your voice heard? Your wishes known? I truly believe right now is the BEST time to be a crocheter, knitter or fiber artist!  The Crochet Liberation Front's 2nd Annual Flamie Awards need to hear what YOU have to say!


I must say the entries are quite impressive and it took me a LONG time to make up my mind!  I haven't been fortunate enough to have worked on a pattern from every entrant so I chose the ones that make me feel all verklempt.  I wouldn't joke about something as amazing as fiber, yarn and threadwork.  Seriously!  Just looking at the work shown in reference to each nominee shows we are so lucky to have people who think out of the box.


(Like I said in my last post, I can't wait until my "creative side" kicks in!)


So, if you haven't voted, WHY NOT!?!  


Head on over to the Crochet Liberation Front's website where you can make your choice today!  Voting closes tomorrow, March 30, 2011, so you have a few hours!  Even if you can only vote in a few categories, your input is important!


Then on April 18, 2011, in Georgetown, Texas, there will be LIVE Flamie Award ceremonies and YOU can attend!  I've heard there will be goodies for those lucky enough to be there!  If you, like me, cannot make the festivities, Mary Beth Temple from Getting Loopy will have it all live on her podcast!

My regards to all the nominees - you are most worthy of the admiration shown by the fiber arts community!  I look forward to a long and fruitful relationship between your creativity and my yarncraft!

No comments:

Post a Comment